Technology is reconfiguring the ways money flows across the globe. Take US ecommerce as an example. Having grown by 44% in 2020, it’s safe to say that online shopping is close to US customers’ hearts. And with mobile purchases predicted to be worth $3.56 trillion by 2021, making it as easy as possible for your customers to convert in their channel of choice can have a seriously positive impact on your business. Now, Brikl merchants can discover the benefits of Apple Pay first-hand.
Benefits of Apple Pay
It’s not just about US shoppers: Globally the number of iPhone users grew in 2020 by 9% during the pandemic according to Statista. And as Statista’s sources state, ‘we estimate, based on survey work as well as the growth in transactions, countries, locations, and supporting banks, that 51% of global iPhone users have enabled Apple Pay’.
This makes sense for a number of reasons:
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, more people turned to contactless payments such as Apple pay as safer alternatives to cash.
- Face ID and Touch ID offer secure verification that act as safeguards for your transactions.
- EMV payment tokenization ensures advanced security that reduces the risk of card fraud.
- Using Apple Pay makes it easier to pay online and within apps, saving time on the checkout process – by pre-filling form fields – without compromising security.
- Apple Pay doesn’t keep identifying transactional information when paying with a bank card. This gives customers a heightened layer of privacy.
- Apple Pay works with major credit and debit cards, all of which can be stored in a digital wallet.
- Branding your checkout with Apple Pay’s distinctive logo allows customers to clearly see your store offers the added convenience of these payments on desktop and mobile.
Using Apple Pay across the Brikl platform
With Mac users due to increase about 23% in 2020 alongside the growth in Apple Pay mobile payments, Brikl’s product team has now added Apple Pay payments to checkout.
This allows your customers to benefit from a streamlined, friction-free checkout process, and secure transactions using a method they’re familiar with. This level of confidence can help cart values, consumer trust and loyalty increase across your site.
Have your customers paid using Apple Pay across your store yet? What are your thoughts, comments and feedback? Let us know in the comments below.